ITALIANO INDIANO


Sunday’s are god’s gift for working junta, a day to relax and enjoy. For many people like me, we just like to be lazy and do nothing ;)



Oh how we just love holidays: D
But the horror of horrors is when your maid also decides to enjoy her Sunday & you have to make your own dinner :O
 
 
 



YOU got the feeling, I know.

Then begins the planning of going out and choosing a good restaurant. But it being Sunday and that too being in Noida, you wont dare to step out if u like peace and some “ME TIME”
Also you would be too lazy to make a full course dinner, anything yummy and requiring less mehnat is what you look for then.
Wait a second, I recived a beautiful package from delmonte a few days back. OH yes.
 
 
I opened the package & there was a letter in it. Believe me or not, but it felt like I have received a love letter from a long lost boyfriend. Every word of it was like” I LOVE YOU, JUST MAKE ME AAND EAT ME TO SATISFY YOURSELF.”
 
 
I opened the package and the beautiful packing which revealed the best looking pasta I had ever laid my eyes on. May be it was just because I was very hungry or may be I was in a very romabtic nostalgia.
I still dun know but it was a wonderful parcel.
Though I love cooking but that Sunday I wanted to it something indian, so I gave the pasta an authentic indian twist.
So here is what you will need:- (serving for 1)
 
·         DEL MONTE PASTA SPIARALI
·         1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
·         1 TOMATO
·         1 CAPSICUM
·         1 ONION
·         RED CHILLY POWDER & SALT ACC TO TASTE
 
I am a lover of imli so I decided to make iMli sauce for this pasta.
So for sauce you will need:-
·         IMLI(TAMARID)
·         SUGAR OR PREFFERABLY JAGGERY( though sugar is equaly good, but I being a girl…I am health conscious)
 
Here is the recipe:-
1.       Boil DEL MONTE spiarali pasta with a pinch of salt in it.
Boil it for 8-10 mins.( cover the pan for fast boiling & to save gas)
 
2.       Chop onion, tomato & capsicum.
 
4.       Put a clean pan on gas & pour olive oil and jeera in it.
Heat it till the jeera gets golden color.
 
 
5.       Put onion in the pan, & fry till they get golden brown.
6.       Now put capsicum & fry for some time
 

 
7.       Lastly put tomato, salt & chilli powder.

7       Put some water and cook it till the veggies get cooked. But take care to not overcook it. I like the to be a bit crisp for my pasta.
 

#      In the mean time, the pasta will boil, take out the water & check the pasta if its soft by now.

( how fresh it looked, honestly I was amazed that a packed product can look & feel this fresh)
8.       Put some imli sauce in the gravy & then put the pasta & mix it well..

 
# For making Sauce:-
1.       Put imali and some water in a pan & heat it.
2.       Add sugar to taste..


 
The sauce is very simple to make, just cool it for few mins and u may use it with or without pulp. I however like to keep the pulp in my sauce.
 
      Take out the pasta in a plate & garnish it with dhaniya.
 

 
So here it a perfect dinner for Sunday.
#the best part was that it took only 25 mins & no efforts at all :) ^_^
I tried the recipe for the first time & loved it. Hope you WILL love it too
And yeah, I LOVE YOU TOO DEL MONTE, THANKS FOR SAVING MY SUNDAY.
check out the link
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Comments